Questions to Ask Your Healthcare Provider
Preparing a list of questions in advance will help you remember everything and make the best use of your time during your appointment. Be sure to write down the answers so you can refer to them later.
You can use the following list of questions as a tool to help you get started:
- Will I need to have any special tests to confirm or rule out a diagnosis of HE?
- If I do have HE, what can I expect to happen next?
- What are my treatment options?
- What medications are available and what are their benefits and risks?
- What should I do to improve my chances of not getting worse or having a recurrence?
- How can I manage my symptoms?
- Do I need to see any other specialists or healthcare providers to manage my condition? Can you give me a referral?
- What are the complications of HE?
- Which symptoms indicate a potentially dangerous situation where I should contact you immediately?
- Where can I find out more information?
- Are there organizations that provide information and support?
- What other resources would you recommend?
In addition to the questions you’ve prepared, don’t hesitate to ask other questions during your appointment when you don’t understand something.